CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A couple of things....

Well, things have been getting a little bit busier around here. Between Matt nearing the end of his semester, his work being busier than normal and Cupcake Chic really blossoming, I had to hire myself some help. Let me introduce you to my newest employee, Ethan. He is so helpful and volunteers all on his own! Who would have known, he LOVES to do the dishes! I am so glad, because the dishes are the worst part of cupcake baking!
Please, nobody call social services!



We also have a new addition to our family....our new Nissan Pathfinder! I know you're thinking, what's the big deal? It's not like it's an Escalade or something. Well, it has been eight years since I have purchased a new car. Bad, I know. This one is well deserved! It's kind of a funny story.
We had been thinking about putting the car up for sale, but weren't really serious about it yet. If you know me, when I get a bee in my bonnet, I GET a bee in my bonnet! Well, I went and bought a FOR SALE sign for the car and posted it on the KSL classifieds, thinking it would be at least a month before we would get any calls on it. Well.........I was wrong! After filling in all my information on the classified ad I clicked "submit" and then went back to the home page to look at my listing and the phone rang. Matt brought the phone and said it was for me. Well, it was the person who bought my car! Yes, I sold my car in under a minute! Should I be in The Book of World Records? Yes I should!!! So frantically all week I was searching for the perfect car. The one I found was in St. George of all places. So on Friday we hopped in Matt's tiny Hyundai (we looked like sardines in there) and headed for southern Utah. Test drove the car, bought it and drove right back. Oh, we did stop at In N Out and a cupcake bakery of coarse!

So here's to me and my new car! Cheers!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I started leaving a comment and then weston messed with the mouse, so if you get two from me, sorry!
CONGRATS on the new car! It is awesome. And that must be a record for fastest sale EVER. Ethan is just too cute, what a good helper. can't wait till West loves doing dishes (and can actually do them. ;) )

Jill said...

Congratulations! I LOVE it! And you are right you deserve it girl! I can't wait to see it in person. I am looking to come out there the weekend after Easter. I will call you after church to talk about it! Love you!

Kristen said...

Wow, fancy shmancy! Don't you just love it when things work out like that :).

Tara said...

holy crap! i love it. it is so nice!

JasonandBritt said...

I love your new wheels! It looks really nice and I bet you look so cute driving that around! I love the pic of Ethan doing the dishes. What a good little boy to help his mommy. And p.s. I think I'm your biggest cupcake fan. I have bought your cupcakes from Coffee Pod 3x in the last two weeks. They are amazing! You are so talented! My new fav is cinnamon sugar, it tastes like a cinnamon roll except better! :)

Jason and Joy said...

The new car is AWESOME! So glad that I've gotten to ride in it already! Your car sold SO fast - and you thought it would take forever (it's because you cleaned it so often! :-)
Ethan is so cute!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Wow so much to catch-up on. Go Ethan! ha ha ha. Congrats on the new car! Yay! And its so pretty! :) I love the packaging you did for the cupcakes! So darling. Ethan is getting so big I can't believe it!

Herd of Sheps said...

How fun Trista!! I am happy for you! I love your blog! I saw your post when your boys were taking pics that you weren't aware of. If I could only tell you how many times I have opened my camera to see pics just like those. Some are funny too. I have never posted them though, I think I may have to copy you. That was funny!! Good to catch up with you! You have a darling family.

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

Love the new car!!! Your kids are so stinken cute!!! wondermom!!

Nicole said...

Hey, you asked about my shop so here is the address:

bloomingbutton.etsy.com

Thanks for hanging out today. You really are so much fun!