CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Chicago

Another girls trip! My mom, my sisters and I went to Chicago to visit my cousin Jill and my Aunt Karen. Can I just say that I had the time of my life! I can't believe the damage we can do in just 2 days! We ate and shopped our legs off. We had Chicago style pizza, the best steak in the city and some Gumbo, New Orleans style. Of coarse, we had to stop at all three of the local cupcakeries! When we got home we all sat around the table and tasted each and every flavor. I have to say they were a bit disappointing!

If you know any of us very well, you know that we are absolutely psycho crazy about H&M. We are in there for hours when we shop, as you can see in the pictures. Love it, love it, love it!

Saturday night, we were trying to decide what to do. If you didn't know already, New Kids On The Block are back! Saturday night they happened to be in concert in Chicago! We scrambled to get tickets and found some on ebay! It was crazy! All girls or woman MY age everywhere plastered in NKOTB paraphernalia! I felt like I was 8 years old again. I loved it. It is by far the best concert I have ever been to. As soon as I got home, I down loaded all of there new and old songs. That's right girls........ Hangin' Tough, You've Got The Right Stuff, Step By Step....I know you are singing it right now! I have to admit, I still have a crush on Donnie!

Thank you Jill for letting me visit and taking me to see everything!   I LOVE CHICAGO!

9 comments:

Our Family said...

So I have to say I read your post and immediately called my mom and told her how much fun you guys had and how we need to go on a fun girls vacation. Can I just tell you how jealous I am. So so jealous. Not only did you get to go somewhere cool and have fun but you also got to see NKOTB. So jealous!!!

The Marshall's said...

I am sitting here with permagrin on my face thinking about us in your Riverside home pretending we were backup dancers for NKOTB. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I have to admit I am a bit jealous! I miss Jill! Tell her hi for me!

Lesley Daley said...

Too funny Trista!! I was an absolute die hard NKOTB fan when I was younger. You should see my stash of Paraphernalia that I still have in my storage room. And, the best part is that I am a Donny fan too, he was always the cutest and the best dancer. I am jealous, I want to go to Chicago, and to NKOTB, and eat cupcakes, and have a girls trip!! I just might have to follow in your footstep. Hey, I wanted to tell you too that we are thinking about a girls trip to St. George on November 14-16. Leave Friday, come home Sunday. Let me know what you think! Fun pictures, Fun Post, glad you had a good time :).

Herd of Sheps said...

Trista, sorry, this is Kellie, i was just logged in using Lesley's blogger name and so that comment that shows from lesley, is really from me. Sorry!!

Paige said...

Y'all are so so cute! What fun!

Jason and Joy said...

Looks like you had so much fun! That is a trip that I hope to take someday.

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

FUN!!!!!! I had an entire B-Day party dedicated to NKOTB! Ha ha ha you girls look like you had so much fun! I love that you are all wearing the shirts! Nice Touch! :)

Jill said...

Oh, I had the time of my life! I don't think anything will be able to top that weekend EVER!! NKOTB FOREVER!!!!

I am so glad you guys came out here...thank YOU! Love you!

And your cupcakes are to die for! Thanks for bring me some! Those cupcake bakeries here in Chicago don't hold a candle to yours!

Kristen said...

What a fun trip! I love that you went to that concert. What is it about them that makes us turn 8 again? :) Glad you had such a fun time!