CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Penny

Well, I had a little scare today..... Ethan swallowed a penny. You're probably thinking, "how typical, that kid always has something". Well at least I am. It happened in the funniest way too. He was being naughty while I was changing his diaper (as usual) and he had a handful of pennies. Well, he was yelling and laughing and one of the pennies dropped right down his throat! Let me tell you, it shut him up in a hurry! He panicked trying to get air, and I freaked, threw him over my leg and smacked his back. I couldn't tell if the penny came out or not, b/c there were about fifty other pennies already on the floor. I felt them all hoping one of them would be wet, but of coarse they weren't. So I had to take him to the doctor to make sure it wasn't lodged somewhere it shouldn't be. The x-ray was hilarious! It had already gotten down into his intestines. What a relief! New rule at the Millette house...NO MORE PLAYING WITH MONEY ETHAN!!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

holy crap...scary!!!!!! just what you need right before you give birth! well i am glad he is ok.... bet he won't be playing with pennies any more.

Tara said...

trista! don't let him play with pennies! that is so scary. your mother instincts were right on though. i swear i would just panic in a situation like that. i don't think i know how to do that on a baby.?.? (i just googled "hime lick" to see how to spell it, cuz its not in the dictionary, and you wouldn't believe what came up!)